DON’T JUST SIT THERE!
• Occupy Greensboro holds a general assembly on July 10 from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. at Glenwood Coffee & Books, located at 1310 Glenwood Ave. Contact webmaster@ occupygreensboro.org for more information. Democracy
• Occupy Winston-Salem and Democracy NC host a petition drive and movie screening at Civic Park, located at the intersection of 4th and Trade streets, on Friday to share information about the implications of the 2010 Citizens United decision by the US Supreme Court on the election process.
• Representatives of the Guilford County Sheriff’s Office explain the process of obtaining a 50-B domestic violence protective order at the Women’s Resource Center, located at 628 Summit Ave. in Greensboro, on July 10 from 11 a.m. to noon. Call 336.275.6090 or e-mail info@ womenscentergso.org to register.
• The Forsyth County Democratic Party holds a fish fry on July 10 from 5 to 7:30 p.m. at Bolton Park Shelter, located at 1590 Bolton St. in Winston-Salem, to provide an opportunity for voters to meet candidates and election officials, and to learn about upcoming elections. Marlowe Foster, a candidate for NC commissioner of labor, will be among those present. For more information, including ticket prices, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 336.724.5941.
• The Greensboro Tenant Association holds an organizational meeting at Spring Garden Bakery, located at the corner of Chapman and Spring Garden streets, on Saturday at 10 a.m. Tenants will organize to represent themselves and make a difference on issues such as absentee landlords and slumlords who don’t properly care for their properties, minimum housing code enforcement, utility hikes and foreclosures.
• The Guilford County School Board meets on July 10 at 6 p.m. in the board room of the school district’s administrative offices, located at 712 N. Eugene St. in Greensboro.
• The collective action/anti-oppression working group of Occupy Greensboro meets Friday from 5:30 to 7 p.m. at Glenwood Coffee & Books, located at 1310 Glenwood Ave.