1. Who was the first major-league player from the Dominican Republic?
2. What major-league player had the most at-bats as a designated hitter.
3. Who was the first NFL running back to rush for consecutive 1,000-yard seasons?
4. Who was the last Harvard basketball player before Jeremy Lin to play in the NBA?
5. Who scored four goals to lead the US men’s hockey team to the gold medal in the 1960 Olympics.
6. Name five of the nine NASCAR Cup drivers to have won at least three season titles.
7. How many times did Jimmy Connors play in the men’s singles final at the Australian Open?
1. Ozzie Virgil played with the New York Giants
2. Harold Baines, with 5,806 at-bats as a designated
hitter during his 22-year major-league
3. Joe Perry of the San Francisco 49ers, 1953-
4. Ed Smith played with the New York Knicks
5. Roger Christian.
6. Richard Petty (7), Dale Earnhardt (7), Jimmie
Johnson (5), Jeff Gordon (4), Lee Petty (3),
David Pearson (3), Tony Stewart (3), Darrell
Waltrip (t3) and Cale Yarborough (3).
7. Twice -- he won the title in 1974 and lost